Saturday, January 18, 2014

Watergate - NIXON, LIDDY, COX, ETC

On another of my blogs I wrote about my meeting with Archibald Cox, some years back, and how much I liked the old, deaf man. We talked about his experiences with Nixon, Watergate, getting fired and so on. One comment was left on the blog which was anonymous which almost always means it was nasty.
     It got me to thinking....how many of the Watergate people I actually got to meet, by accident, by chance, by luck. I am a nobody. An ordinary citizen with a sense of curiosity and drive, above average in only some slight areas. Just lucky, I guess. But I have, on reflection, run into a wide variety of characters involved in that national fiasco.
  •      Richard Nixon & Pat - met him in West Philadelphia, pleasant, smiley
  •      Richard Kleindeinst - met him in Tucson, he escaped there to retire, nervous, ticky
  •      G. Gordon Liddy - met in Tucson, small, compact, fearless, loved him
  •      Archibald Cox - met in Tucson, huge, Lincolnesque, deaf, jovial
  •      Gerald Ford - President met in Tucson, clumsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment