Saturday, August 1, 2015

MY BUCKET LIST


  • The year before I was born, my father and mother went to the World's Fair in New York City, took pictures. In 1963 ( I think) I went to the same area in New York where the World's Fair was being held, took my kids and shot pictures. Showed them to Mom and Dad. Wow, they said, things change.
  • I've been to the top of the tower in Seattle, same in New York. 
  • I've been to the top of Pike's Peak (almost fell over - lack of oxygen)
  • Been to the Vatican - twice - renewed my faith there. Was down in the cellar to say hello to all the dead Popes. I met Pope Paul, once, in New York, briefly. He was there when the Pieta came to Manhattan.
  • No kidding, I literally bumped into Pope John Paul on the street in Denver. He was at the end of a long line of Cardinals awaiting the go signal to file into the Cathedral. He looked tired, no security around him which I thought was unusual. I said hello and offered to get him a chair while he was waiting. He was very grateful, but the line started before I got back with water and the chair. What a great guy.
  • Astounded by Rome, breathtaking. I was inside the prison cells in the Coliseum where the Christians had to wait before being thrown to the lions. 
  • Munich, I stood on the steps of the Reich's bldg Hitler used as his back drop for his craziness.
  • I've been to the Alamo three times and in my heart, wished I had been there with them. One more rifle, it could have made the difference.
  • I flew right seat - ONCE - in a B-17. There's something in my heart that tugs at me about that airplane. I know every inch of the fortress and the 13 guns on board. It's like a ghost in my closet.
  • Every time I see a newscast of the English Parliament, and the Prime Minister addressing the
    Body, he stands there with his hand on a box on that table. That's English Law. I'll always remember the day I walked through that room with a friend and was allowed to stand right there, and place my hand on that very box, courtesy of the Lord Chancellor of the Exchequer.
  • More to come, on the public record.
  • ###

No comments:

Post a Comment